Under the hood, the Nissan GT-R features an all-new 3.8-litre twin
turbo V6 “VR38? engine, featuring plasma-sprayed bores and a special
twin-turbo exhaust manifold system. A secondary air management system
enables the newly designed powerplant to provide approximately 40kg/m
of torque during ordinary low-rev driving, which gives an optimum
air-fuel ratio for around-town efficiency and helps the Nissan GT-R
meet ultra-low emission vehicle (U-LEV) standards in Japan.
The Nissan GT-R’s new engine produces 480PS (353kW) at 6400rpm and
maximum torque of 60kgm (588Nm) from 3200 to 5200rpm. Putting the power
to the ground is an all-new GR6-type dual clutch transmission, with
paddle shifting and a Borg Warner six-plate dual clutch for direct
• Brembo® 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-wheel Antilock Braking System
(ABS), Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Preview
• Two-piece floating-rotor 15-inch front and rear discs with diamond-pattern internal ventilation.
• 6-piston front/4-piston rear monoblock calipers.
- Rotors: 15.2 inch ventilated cross-drilled
- Calipers: 6-piston forged Brembo
• 4-wheel independent suspension with Bilstein® DampTronic system with
three driver-selectable modes: Normal/Sport (for automatic electronic
control of damping), Comfort (for maximum ride comfort), and R mode
(engages maximum damping rate for high-performance cornering).
• Electronically controlled variable-rate shock absorbers. High-accuracy progressive-rate coil springs.
• Front double-wishbone/rear multi-link configuration with aluminum members and rigid aluminum subframes.
• Hollow front and rear stabilizer bars.
- Front: upper/lower A-arms
- Rear: five-link style
- Shocks: Bilstein Damptronic with 3 settings: Race, Sports, Comfort
- Stability control is adjustable
• Rack-and-pinion steering with vehicle-speed-sensitive power assist.
• 2.6 steering-wheel turns lock-to-lock.